Self Esteem & Self-Confident
Our self-esteem can be affected by negative experiences in life. Many times we face setbacks, such as traumatic events in childhood, being bullied, abused, or criticized, or even only when we unconsciously compare ourselves to others, we start to overly criticized ourselves, and develop self-doubt. With the way we perceive ourselves, it can be detrimental to our self-confidence.
Research suggests that around 61% of 10-17 year old girls are reported to have worrying levels of low-esteem, and 9 out of 10 young women do not like to take part in activities if they are not happy with the way they look.
So, if you are looking to help a child or a teen to overcome the problems with their self-esteem, then ‘Make It Happen Hypnotherapy’ is the right place for you!
Impact of Low Self-esteem in Children and Teens
Low self-esteem can:
- Have negative impact on their overall well-being and sense of happiness
- Lead to missed opportunities
- Stop them from availing opportunities and activities
- Hinder progress in different areas of life
- Lead to anxiety and depression
How can Hypnotherapy Help in Building Self-esteem?
Turn Around Automatic Negative Thoughts
Automatic negative thoughts happen when our minds drift off to think about worst case scenarios. For example, if you child has struggled with a subject or getting along with people at school, even when they grow up, their subconscious will tell them to avoid certain tasks or situations. These negative thoughts can accompany them to their adulthood thus affecting their confidence and overall self-esteem.
Hypnosis feels like when you are experiencing meditation or deep relaxation. In a state like this, a hypnotherapist can use suggestion technique to reframe negative thoughts to positive ones. This helps replace negativity with positive thoughts and feelings.
Get to The Root Cause
Hypnotherapy does not work on surface level issues. It digs deeper down to the root cause that is causing your child to feel anxious, nervous, fearful and lacking self-belief. By finding out where the limiting beliefs was formed which is causing your child to feel less confident in the first place, a hypnotherapist is able to replace them with new beliefs, thoughts that will bring a positive change in them.
Learn to Be Kind to Themselves
Hypnosis can help kids with low self-esteem to stop being too hard on themselves. It takes time and effort to relearn self-compassion by feeding their mind with the right beliefs. Children are prone to take others’ feedback sometimes too seriously that they start harming themselves by building a stronger shell outside of them which can lead to low self-esteem. A hypnotherapist can help breaking that shell and teach your child self-care and be kind to themselves and others.
Self-esteem issues can cause your child having trouble in having to say ‘No’. Feeling pressure to say ‘Yes’ in situations where your child is not comfortable can cause him/her to feel overwhelmed or stressed out. Working with a hypnotherapist can allow your child to express themselves by setting healthy boundaries. This will enable them to feel more confident and empowered by taking their decisions and ultimately boosting their positive beliefs.
We have a free gift for you as well! Your child or teen will be given hypnotic audio to listen to every time we finish the session so that your child can rewire the brain to be more confident.
Why Should You Choose Sandy As Your Therapist?
Skilled and Professional
- Sandy truly understands what you are experiencing and gives all that can to help you to have a more balanced life.
- Registered with the Australian Hypnotherapist Association, Sandy also keeps up to date with the latest therapies.
- Sandy uses Psychotherapy(E-CBT), Hypnotherapy, Havening, Neuro-Linguistic Programming to communicate with your subconscious mind coupled with counselling and coaching.
- Provide tailor-made programs for each individual and deliver lifelong change, not short term solutions.
- Sandy has helped hundreds of people with fears and phobias and they all achieve amazing results in only a few sessions.
Book a Hypnotherapy session for helping your child or teen to increase self-esteem and confidence in Brisbane at “Make It Happen Hypnotherapy” now!