Be Calm and Confident
What is Social Anxiety?
Also known as social phobia, social anxiety is not only about your child feeling shy in public. It is a common disorder in which anxiety is found to impact 7.5% of the global population. It is a serious condition that impacts the mental wellbeing of a child and persistently contributes to the fear of social situations, typically featuring a strong fear of being judged or watched by others.
People who have this disorder feel uncomfortable in everyday social interactions such as talking to acquaintances, meeting new people or eating when others are watching you. It usually starts during the teenage years and carries forward into older ages. Hence, making it hard to retain relationships or make new ones by completely avoiding social interactions.
How to Spot Social Anxiety?
Is your child:
- Feeling afraid and self-conscious that others keep judging him/her?
- Avoiding public places
- Having difficulty in sleeping
- Suffering from abdominal pain, nausea
- Feeling restless
Severe social anxiety may turn into panic attacks and cause the following physical symptoms:
How can Hypnosis help overcome social anxiety?
You child may show social anxiety disorder if he/she shows an emotional response of fear in social settings. In this situation, hypnotherapy can play a strong role in subsiding the feelings of fear by changing the perception of his/her fear and building the confidence.
This process entails:
A hypnotherapist will teach your child to enter into a deep relaxation state and mindfulness to enhance their ability to be aware of an onset of negativity.
Addressing Distress Patterns
It occasionally becomes obvious that there is a robust distress pattern playing which probably originated during childhood and is driving a false belief. The most common patterns relevant to social anxiety are:
- Mistrust/betrayal – Others will take advantage of self, self will be hurt, abused, humiliated, manipulated etc.
- Isolation – One is undesirable, different, socially inept, low in status, not part of the community etc.
- Vulnerability – Disaster will strike! Cannot protect oneself.
Reinforcing confidence by future pacing, suggestion therapy, and trance-based behavioural rehearsal to create the positive feelings.
Why Should You Choose Sandy As Your Therapist?
Skilled and Professional
- Sandy truly understands what your child/teen is experiencing and gives all that can to help your child to have a more balanced life.
- Registered with the Australian Hypnotherapist Association, Sandy also keeps up to date with the latest therapies.
- Sandy uses Psychotherapy(E-CBT), Hypnotherapy, Havening, Neuro-Linguistic Programming to communicate with your subconscious mind coupled with counselling and coaching.
- Provide tailor-made programs for each individual and deliver lifelong change, not short-term solutions.
- Sandy has helped hundreds of people dealing with social anxiety and they all achieve amazing results in only a few sessions.
Book a Hypnotherapy session for helping your child or teen to overcome his/her social anxiety in Brisbane at “Make It Happen Hypnotherapy” now!