Be Relieved & Empowered
Is your child or teen going through an ongoing emotional upset after experiencing trauma? Symptoms of depression? Sudden behavioral changes? These and many other troubling symptoms can show the signs of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Hypnotherapy for PTSD can be a highly effective process because it helps reach the root of such symptoms, bring restoration of the self in the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.
Signs of PTSD:
- feel numb or have very few emotions
- often feel anxious, irritable, get scared easily, especially when reminded of the trauma
- have difficulty staying or falling asleep, or may have distressing dreams (nightmares)
- have outbursts of anger, feel hostile
- feel like not in control
- act out all of a sudden without thinking, are impulsive
- feel as though he/she experiences the trauma again (flashbacks)
- may not remember parts of the traumatic event
- avoid thoughts, feelings and conversation connected to the trauma
- have urges to hurt himself/herself
- feel shame and guilt because he/she thinks that he/she is partially responsible for the trauma
- feel permanently damaged
- feel constantly on guard because he/she feel threatened
- have a change in personality because of the trauma
- have difficulty focusing, concentrating, or completing tasks
- do not feel connected with others, do not feel like being around anyone
- feel less interested or participate less in previously enjoyed activities
- feel like you have no future or that it’s hard to plan a future, feel hopeless and in despair
How PTSD Affect One’s Life?
Here’s an overview of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) symptoms:
An exposure to a traumatic event such as an accident, disaster, assault or a terrifying experience or prolonged traumatizing events such as physical or sexual abuse and ongoing psychological trauma as a child can change their perceptions of the world around them and leave imprints that can harm their physical and mental well-being in the present and future.
Trauma impacts the mind and body in numerous ways. Distressing memories, nightmares, flashbacks and reactions to reminder event(s) which are some of the common ways in which traumatic experiences can interrupt routine life. At a young age, children are already learning new emotions and ways to manage them, whereas a trauma can lead to intrusive symptoms which can make your child feel at a total loss to control their mind and body as if their own senses have been hijacked by such an experience.
It is natural that somebody who is exposed to a trauma will avoid any recurrence that makes them feel a certain way due to that trauma. They may avoid certain places or people. But many times, this avoidance can also be in the form of dissociation, or even lead to addictive behaviours. Even though a victim of abuse can use these methods to avoid themselves from connection to their traumatic experience(s), they may still feel detached or stuck even after years.
Trauma can cause changes, it can alter mood, memory, personality, perception, cognitive function and motivation. In extension, it can change relationships in the long-run. During or after a traumatic event, a child not only experiences altered sensory perceptions but also form negative conclusions about themselves such as, ‘It is my fault’, ‘I am bad’, or ‘I deserve it’. In return they can also form such conclusions about others around them such as, ‘Everybody is mean’, ‘People are evil’, ‘I can’t trust anyone’ or ‘Men are dangerous’.
Finally, if a child who has had a history of trauma is left unnoticed or untreated can mark obvious functional and behavioral changes in him/her. Any type of trauma that stays in the mind will make its way to come out in the form of physical illness, chronic shock, sleep disorders, hypervigilance or lack of concentration.
How Can Hypnotherapy for Trauma Help?
- Employ effective calming and relaxation techniques, develop the ability to affectively self-regulate anxiety and modulate their own physiological reactivity. Generate safe haven in the mind to help them to feel safe.
- Suppress rumination by stopping and re-directing unhelpful thoughts to positive ones, no longer held hostage by the past.
- Cognitively re-construct negative conclusions or beliefs that have often directly contributed to life-long behavioral patterns can be released and transformed.
- Bringing true healing by developing a narrative about the traumatic event(s) and re-script what happened to bring empowerment by generating mastery imagery. In trance, your child/teen is encouraged to bring empowerment to the past traumatic experience with their imagined superpower, e.g. they can shrink the perpetrator, hit the perpetrator, scream out loud, say NO, run away, defend themselves, push away a weapon, break out of a trap, and tell a trusted person what happened.
- By Parts Therapy, restoration of the self: for the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual parts of the individual to be unified, balanced, and whole. Gives a voice to the lost parts of the self, the parts that were hidden away or shrouded in negativity as a means to survive.
- Soul retrieval is another valuable component in the treatment of PTSD. Too often, parts of ourselves are lost or forsaken when a traumatic event occurs, often as a way of protecting that part of ourselves. To retrieve and reclaim lost parts of the soul is of immeasurable benefit to trauma survivors.
- Enhance Ego Strength by reconnecting to the parts of themselves that are strong, wise, and brave, bring forward their own strengths and virtues in the subconscious level.
What is included in Hypnotherapy for PTSD Program?
- Calming the Mind and Body
- Replacing unwanted thinking and behaviours with desired ones using Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (E-CBT)
- Inner Child Work, Parts Therapy
- Havening techniques
- Eliminate any fear, guilt, anger, and/or other negative emotions
- Engineer his/her ideal state of confident, high self-esteem and self-worth
*The program of hypnotherapy for Trauma (PTSD) in Brisbane will be tailor-made for each individuals.
What do you expect after the sessions?
By the end of “Overcoming Trauma” Program, your child or teen will:
- Feel relieved, less and less anxious
- Feel more relaxed and at peace in a regular basis
- Flashbacks and nightmares will be largely reduced
- If there are violence behaviours, it will be largely reduced as he/she feels safe
- Still remember those traumatic events but the negative emotions will be delinked
Why Should You Choose Sandy As Your Therapist?
Skilled and Professional
- Sandy truly understands what your child/teen is experiencing and gives all that can to help your child to have a more balanced life.
- Registered with the Australian Hypnotherapist Association, Sandy also keeps up to date with the latest therapies.
- Sandy uses Psychotherapy(E-CBT), Hypnotherapy, Havening, Neuro-Linguistic Programming to communicate with your subconscious mind coupled with counselling and coaching.
- Provide tailor-made programs for each individual and deliver lifelong change, not short-term solutions.
- Sandy has helped hundreds of people dealing with trauma and PTSD and they all achieve amazing results in only a few sessions.
Book a FREE Hypnotic Strategy Session for helping your child or teen to overcome his/her trauma in Brisbane at “Make It Happen Hypnotherapy” now!